Lockheed Martin Australia, Regional Development Australia (RDA) Hunter and TAFE NSW North have partnered to develop a unique 18-month Vocational Education Training (VET) program to provide students with the high value, job ready skills needed to create and sustain advanced technologies for the Defence industry.
Funded by Lockheed Martin Australia, the initiative offers a vocational pathway for technical training that will include critical skills in ICT, cyber security and programming.
The program includes a 4-week pre-vocational skillset (24 hours per week); industry site visits and employment pathway information; transition in to Cert III, Cert IV and Diploma qualifications.
The program includes:
• 4-week pre-vocational skillset (24 hours per week)
• Industry site visits and employment pathway information
• Transition in to CIII, CIV and Diploma qualifications on completion of the skillset
• Students may require an exemption from school
• Students must have completed Year 10
• Students must have the ability to travel to a TAFE campus in the Lake Macquarie region
13 March 2019 – Information Evening
19th May 2019 – Expressions of Interest Closing Date
16 April 2019 – Student Interviews
20 May 2019 – 4 week skillset commences
22 July 2019 – CIII Information, Digital Media & Technology commences
3 February 2020 – CIV Information Technology Networking commences
20 July 2020 – Diploma Information Technology Networking commences